Epsom Salts contain a vital element for the body
Epsom Salts contain pure magnesium which is a critical element that helps out plenty of functions inside the body. Aiding with cells, muscles primarily found inside bone and muscle.
When it goes missing
Magnesium can disappear from sweat, excessive protein, diuretics. Plus processed foods, depleted, overused crops, genetically modified food are not helping matters.
A lack of this element can lead to
- heart disease
- joint pain
- digestive issues
- stress related illness
- chronic fatigue
- muscle aches and pains.
Increase magnesium in the body with these tips
- Since all salts are not created equal, get rid of your table salt & replace it with natural sea salt.
- Avoid sugar & processed foods, especially those that are made with bleached flour.
- Eat your veggies! Leafy green, whole grains & raw nuts (try to keep these organic, as they contain 10x’s the magnesium as regular supermarket foods)
- Ever heard of spirulina? If you get a protein shake, or greens plus type product, it may contain it. Therefore try adding it to your morning smoothie!
- Laugh more because stress tends to burn magnesium and remaining up beat helps to conserve this stored element.
- Take a soak: Put 2 -3 cups of Epsom salts in the water while filling the tub. For extra detox add our signature Beauty Through Balance Green Tea Seaweed Salt Glow (available to purchase for home care use) either dissolve into the water or exfoliate the body with it, prior to entering the water. A 20 minute soak is recommended; enjoy, relax and remember to bring yourself some ice cold water to drink. Do this 3x per week for 2-3 months and feel the difference. Because the skin is a living organ – connected with the entire rest of the body, creates the perfect vessel for absorption. therefore allowing the magnesium to be delivered naturally into the bloodstream to nourish and oxygenate the cells.
A soak in the tub is perfect after a massage and body scrub! To order one of our mobile spa treatments contact us today!
Soulful Indulgence | the eco-friendly spa that comes to you!